I didn’t want to go to the gym this morning, but I was glad I did! I needed the workout for sure after taking a leisurely rest day yesterday. After my 3 mile sort-of-tempo-but-mostly-recovery run, I thought about what got me to the gym today:
10 Reasons I Run
10. To cross another day off my training plan
9. To lose a pound or five
8. To add another stat to dailymile
7. Because then I can buy new sneakers faster
6. Because I look awesome in my running gear
5. Because I want to find out what happens next on Battlestar Galactica – yes I know I’m like 5 years late to the game, but I just got Hulu Plus on my iPad and ALL the episodes are there! Heck yea this show is awesome!
4. Because I ate too much last night..and the night before..
3. To “earn” my shower (yea sometimes I don’t shower until I workout to motivate me to go to the gym. Hubby then helps push me out the door =P)
2. For the endorphins afterwards!
1. To blog about it, duh =P
Do you relate to any of these? What motivates you to run, especially those days you don’t want to leave the couch/ bed?