I’m going to keep my May’s Favorite Things post short and sweet, because I’m feeling a little shaky and jittery – welcome to day 2 on the Whole30. I can tell this cleanse is making a difference already though; I had no intestinal discomfort yesterday for the first time in months!
Running Related Favorites
1. Thorlo Experia socks. Last month, I had the worst blisters form and re-form on my feet; I’m wondering whether the Pro Compression Low Trainers caused them, which is sad because their Marathon socks have been fantastic for me. I decided to use my Sports Authority coupon to buy some new socks, and these Thorlos have been magic for me. No new blisters, no matter how fast I run! I also love the cushy padding around the ball/ heel areas of the foot.
2. Yurbuds. See my review on my Klutchclub post; these earbuds do not fall out of my ears, no matter how much I’m sweating! They’re also easy to de-tangle when I forget to use a cord wrap because their cord is much thicker than a normal headphone cord.
3. My Kinvaras. I can’t get over how fast and light I feel in these! Nothing makes me want to go running like a new pair of sneakers :) To read about other sneakers I’ve run in, read this post.
Other Favorite Finds
1. It Starts with Food – This is basically the Whole30 manual. It talks about how Dallas and Melissa Hartwig came up with the program and why certain food groups are prohibited on the plan. I can definitely say it is changing how I think about food, nutrition, and why I eat. If you’ve ever found yourself eating for comfort or stress relief or because you’re craving something (but not hungry) and beaten yourself up about it afterwards, I suggest you read this book!
2. Larabars. I loved these before for their simplicity of ingredients and great nutty taste, but I appreciate them even more now because they are one of the few processed foods I can eat on the Whole30. They’re very easy to make though, so I might try making some homemade varieties soon! Favorite flavors: cappuccino, cashew cookie.
3. Vitamelts. I dunno if the Energy one does anything for me, but the Sleep tablets definitely do the trick for this insomniac (most of the time). Bonus – they’re both tasty!! I’ll be skipping these for the next 28 days though as they contain Whole30 prohibited ingredients.
No real flops this month! I didn’t find the Halo Headband I got that impressive (I still get sweat in my eyes), but it performs just fine. I could live without it, though – I think I’m just not a headband kind of girl.
Did you find something great this month? Or something that didn’t live up to your expectations?