I’m eschewing any kind of structure today because I have a lot of random thoughts in my brain today, so forgive the rambling :)
– I am done with the cold and have been doing a lot of runs on the treadmill this week. I don’t mind the cold in and of itself, but I’m a wimp when it comes to any kind of wind or precipitation and we’ve had a lot of both lately. I know the weather has been far worse in other parts of the country than in DC, but I’m still VERY ready for spring!
– I finally talked Mike into letting me buy a Compex and it came today! So excited to electrocute myself on the regular =P If any of you are thinking about buying one, I got mine from Health Check Systems for 6% off with the code FACEBOOK.
– Robin Thicke concert at the Patriot Center tonight! I have mixed feelings about going because I know he’s going through a tough time right now, but I think it’ll be a good time anyway and I get to see Alexa and her mom :)
– Our temporary roommate came up with a recipe for “Korean chili” – basically beans and ground beef simmered in Korean bbq sauce. It doesn’t look like much, but it’s soo good! He agreed to share the recipe, so that’ll be up on the blog next week!
– I have my first linear algebra test next Wednesday so I’ve been studying like crazy this week. Mike put me on to the Khan Academy so I’ve been supplementing my studying with its videos and they’ve been really helpful! The math tutorials are all done by Salman Khan, who has three degrees from MIT and an MBA from Harvard. Total brainiac, but he breaks down concepts so that they’re really easy to understand. I think there are other topics on there as well like science and comp sci.
– Between longer hours at work, marathon training, studying, blogging, PT exercises, evening activities, and mundane chores like cleaning the house, this month has been really busy for me. I’ve avoided burn-out by prioritizing what needs to get done (I’m totally dependent on Google tasks and calendar), being flexible about workouts, and not panicking if a few things fall off the plate each day. The world isn’t going to end if I miss a run or don’t mop the floor.
I was recently nominated by Chelsea @ Dancing Runner for the Liebster Award! Thanks for the nomination, Chelsea – love your blog! The rules are to share 11 random facts about yourself, answer the questions provided by the nominator and then pass it on. I think I’ve talked about enough random stuff already, so onto the questions!
Questions from Chelsea
1. What’s your favorite season of the year?
Fall – I love that the days get a little cooler (perfect for running) and there’s that crisp feeling in the air that makes me feel so alive. I also love sleeping under the comforter and switching on the fireplace in the evenings again :)
2. Are you a planner or do you consider yourself to be more spontaneous?
Planner all the way! I have a million lists and spreadsheets and apps that I update all the time
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started reading a lot of running/ healthy living blogs, and realized that I had experiences that I wanted to share with others too.
4. Beauty product you can’t live without?
EltaMD SPF 41 tinted facial sunscreen – it provides sun protection and light foundation all in one! It’s the one product I reach for every day.
5. Do you have any pet peeves?
Close talkers. I need my space.
6. Gold or silver?
Silver, I think it looks more modern.
7. Best book you’ve read recently?
Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 4th edition – oh wait, best book. Hmm, I haven’t read an actual book in three months. Maybe after I finish the marathon…
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world…where would you go?
Iceland! We’re going this fall and I am SO. EXCITED. I’ve been researching things to do and where to stay since January.
9. Favorite way to travel…plane, car, cruise boat etc?
Hm…I really don’t love (the act of) traveling, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the train. It goes fast, there’s lots of leg room, I don’t feel as motion sick, and there’s wi-fi.
10. What word or phrase makes you cringe?
“Open the kimono”. Yikes. Of all the weird phrases used in business, this one bothers me the most – it’s both racist and sexist.
11. If you had to eat one food everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
Okay, now my noms:
– Tamsyn @ Fat Girl to Ironman
– Ani @ MilesforThought
– Ellen @ District Sweats
– Allison @ Wicked Healthy Washingtonian
– Meghann @ Meals and Miles
– Amy @ Run with Perseverance
– Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian
– Mary @ Minutes Per Mile
– Katie @ Peace Love & Oats
– Amanda @ Too Tall Fritz
You all are among my favorite bloggers and you inspire me every day :) If you choose to play along, here are my questions for you!
1. Favorite indulgent food?
2. A kitchen appliance you can’t live without?
3. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
4. What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever had to memorize?
5. What feature/ personality trait do you love most about yourself?
6. Favorite condiment?
7. If you could start another blog, what would it be about? (I stole this question from another questionnaire!)
8. What’s most important when you’re buying shoes – comfort or fashion?
9. If you could learn one skill or language instantly, what would you pick?
10. What’s one way your life is different now than it was 5 years ago?
11. Favorite race distance? (of course I had to ask a running question :P)