Hey friends, hope you all got to enjoy a great meal in the company of family and/or friends yesterday. Mike and I celebrated a quiet and stress-free Thanksgiving together, thanks to pre-made food (including turkey!) from The Fresh Market.
Mike did a great job carving the turkey this year! The cats enjoying some turkey and gravy. This is probably Lucy’s favorite holiday – she’s all about that gravy.Table set for lunch – turkey, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce from TFM, mashed potatoes, spinach and roasted brussel sprouts made by us.
My plate at lunchtime – I didn’t go overboard because I was saving room for the peach cobbler afterwards :) Dessert will probably always be my favorite course. We spent the rest of the day napping, watching more Scandal (I can’t stand the president btw – I spend most of the episode yelling at him to get his act together and start running the country rationally), calling family and taking walks outside together. It was a restful Thanksgiving!
Some Black Friday Deals
My inbox has been flooded with deals for the last couple of days – here are a few that caught my eye this morning:
– Athleta is 20% off with code FIT20 (today only) – they rarely run full-site coupons!
– $15 off Rock ‘n’ Roll DC (and others, I think) with code COLORBF15 (good through 11/30)
– LOFT (my new favorite store) is 50% off in stores till noon, 40% off online
– Ann Taylor is also 50% off everything online
– Sephora is running a bunch of $10 deals!
– City Sports is running a number of discounts on Nike, Adidas, The North Face, and yurbuds (my favorite running earbuds – 40% off!)
I’ve been doing some Christmas gift shopping, but haven’t bought anything for myself yet – I was hoping to find the Garmin FR220 on sale somewhere, but no luck thus far.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food? Aside from dessert, probably stuffing. This is why my Paleo experiment didn’t last that long.
Any great Black Friday deals – running gear or otherwise? Please share!