It’s been a while since I’ve done a meal round-up on the blog, so I thought today would be a good day to post some recent eats; I love reading these on other people’s blogs for meal inspiration, so I try to post what we’ve liked over the last couple of weeks/ months. I usually make big batches of stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday to eat the whole week.
Muffins! So easy to make breakfast for two weeks; I’ll grab a muffin and pair it with an egg or cottage cheese/ fruit for protein. Some recent favorites:
– Apple Cheddar Muffins – tried this because I had two old apples in the fridge, and they were unexpectedly good!
– Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins – pictured above
– Healthy Banana Muffins – love how little sugar this recipe uses…and then I went on to add chocolate chips to mine. Do it.
I was really digging simple pastas with roasted/ sauteed veggies for the early months of the year, did meatloaf two weeks ago, and now I’m slowly transitioning to salads for the warmer months. Some favorite recipes:
– Spicy Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Pasta – pictured above
– Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad -ate this last week, added some shredded chicken!
– Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Quesadilla – made these this week with the leftover kale, and I can tell this is going to be a regular on the rotation. SO good and easy to make!
Dinners are usually a little simpler; we drink smoothies a couple nights a week (we’re both trying to lose a little weight right now) and one of us will cook a meal to cover the other nights. It’s usually something simple, like the pasta topped with egg pictured below:
Or simple Korean recipes, like this basic bibimbap (steamed rice with shredded lettuce, meat and spicy sauce, topped off with a fried egg)This meal was tuna mixed with spicy sauce, which we wrapped in seaweed with rice and veggies at the table. Miso soup on the side!
And sometimes, a special meal like steak and bourbon is what I’m really craving ;)